Coral Casino is also commonly known as Ladbrokes Coral. Its formal name is GVC Holdings. It is a publicly listed company and has one of the highest share prices in the market. Its share price in 2018 is in the range of £800.
It has been in operations since 1886 when the two founders were still small commission agents for horses. It was in 1998 that Ladbrokes purchased Coral, a sports betting company.
Ladbrokes Coral is the largest betting company in the UK. Before it has reached this status, it was formerly owned by the Hilton Group of hotels. This ownership lasted from 1999 to 2006 until Ladbrokes acquired it. Later on, GVC Holdings bought out the majority of the shares of the company.
The company’s headquarters is located in the Isle of Man. It is currently recognized as a high street bookmaker and online casino operator. It is licenced to operate in more than 20 countries.
Coral stocks are included in the FTSE 100 Index. It is a list of companies on the London Stock Exchange with the highest market capitalization. It is somewhat akin to the Dow Jones index of the New York Stock Exchange. Its full name is the Financial Times Stock Exchange 100 Index.
All the brands in GVC Holdings have been around for more than 250 years, with operations spanning in 18 territories in five continents. It operates more than 3,500 physical casinos and betting shops. It also caters to its customers through more than 21 languages and 19 different currencies.
Coral in itself is part of a huge conglomerate of casino and sports betting operations. Among the brands, it is known for the following:
- Party Casino
- Gala Casino
- Foxy Bingo
- Casino Las Vegas
It does not only offer wagering services in physical shops but also in online facilities. It has developed its own platform to distribute its games and more than 90% of its revenues are derived from its own technological platforms.
Global Locations of Betting Sites and Casinos
With over 3,500 sites around the world, the Coral shops are mostly situated in prime cities in different countries. A majority of its operations are in the UK. Here are a few international locations that you may be interested to know.
- Metro Manila, Philippines
- Guangdong, China
- Huangpu, Shanghai, China
- Yomitan, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan
Services Offered in Land-Based Casinos
Coral does not only focus on gambling. What it has done in some of its physical operations is to also put up a hotel to provide complete accommodations and services to its patrons. Here are the services offered in the Coral casinos and hotels:
- Restaurants – these facilities are integrated with the casino operations. Some restaurant locations provide an indoor and outdoor dining experience within the Coral Casino hotel. Customers can enjoy local seafood dishes and Mediterranean flavours.
- Casino – the company’s land-based operations are complete with various games for gambling entertainment. One casino that is highly recognized by the group is the Coral Island Blackpool. This casino provides you with several gaming options like blackjack, live Texas Hold’em Poker with other players, three card poker games with progressive jackpots, and so much more. The casino also holds regular poker tournaments.
- Hotel Rooms – as a guest, you can choose to stay in hotel rooms that are at least 52 square meters in size. You can choose from Junior Suite and Grand Suite. All rooms have free Wi-Fi, flat screen television, free parking, twin or queen-sized beds, hair dryers, hot and cold showers, and other amenities that you would need.
Services Offered in Land-Based Betting Shops
With over a hundred years of experience, the company has a huge list of sports covered for betting. Pretty much, there is no sport that it does not cover. You can bet in-game or before the game and you can place your bets in the shops or online. The casinos also offer this service. A few of these are:
- Horse Racing
- Motor Sports
- Rugby League
Locations of Betting Sites in the UK
If you are interested in gambling in Coral in its land-based casinos, check a few below and their respective addresses.
- 96 High Street, Horsell, Woking, Surrey, GU21 4SU
- 31 High Street, Old Woking, Surrey, GU22 9LW
- 37 Dartmouth Avenue, Sheerwater, Woking, Surrey, GU21 5PE
- 33/35 St. Johns Road, St. Johns, Woking, Surrey, GU21 7SA
- Unit 2, Enterprise House, Station Approach, West Byfleet, Surrey, KT14 6NE
- 13 High Street, Knaphill, Woking, Surrey, GU21 2PG
- 6 Stoughton Road, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1LL
- 6 The Square, Guildford Road, Lightwater, Surrey, GU18 5SS
- 53 Woodbridge Hill, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 9AD
The Coral Connect Card
The company recently launched a card system that lets players have only one account that can be used on both online and land-based bets. This card is integrated and has several benefits as follows:
- Easy Set Up – just go to a physical Coral Casino and ask for a card. The set up will take only about two minutes. If you already have an online account, just visit a physical location and claim your card.
- Multi-Betting – with this card, you can bet either online or in-shop. You can place your bets on your computer, mobile phone, tablet, or over the phone through customer service. You can also place your bets in a shop and you just hand over your card to the cashier.
- Deposits and Withdrawals – you can use the card to deposit funds to your account in local shops. This should make it easy to add funds to your account since you do not need a credit card and you do not need to wait for the clearing of bank transactions. In the same fashion. You can easily withdraw your online winnings from physical locations. This means that you no longer have to wait for the withdrawal period to clear. You can gamble online now, win, and then just proceed to a Coral physical shop to withdraw.
- National Coverage – there are over 1,800 physical shops spread out in the UK. You can use the company’s store locator to check for the address of the nearest shop.
- Exclusive Offers – as a holder of the Connect Card, you are eligible to participate in promotions exclusive to cardholders like you. You can check the ongoing exclusive promos in any land-based casino or betting shops.
The company has been around for more than a century. And because of the acquisitions it went through over the years, it has expanded its operations and now has wider coverage and more offerings.
The company’s physical casinos are not just located in the UK as it has operations in Curacao and other parts of the world. These operational sites are not just betting shops but full-scale casinos with hotels and restaurants.
As a publicly listed company, its earnings and corporate governance is visible to the public. Anyone interested in knowing how the company is being managed can easily go to the parent company’s website and read the annual reports.
Overall, it will never have grown this big had it not been for its impeccable services and astute management strategies.