Ever since online gambling became a phenomenon, online casinos are always looking for fresh and attractive ways to entice more players to create accounts on their platforms. To make this happen, they usually grant newbies some sweet bonuses, the no deposit bonus (NDB) being among the most popular promotions. In most cases, online gaming sites offer a no deposit promotion to a new member after the player signs up with them. So, immediately after you are done creating your account, the bonus is credited to your account as a token of appreciation.
This kind of offer is usually awarded with the aim of encouraging gamers to place their first wagers in the house without the fear of losing their own money. While there are plenty of gamers out there who grab such offers without a second thought, there are still plenty of online bettors who don’t really understand what this promotion is all about. Consequently, if you are among the players who don’t pay enough attention to this bonus type maybe because you don’t quite get what’s on offer, today’s post is a special dedication to you. Spare a few minutes to read it, if you want to understand how this type of bonus works including the do’s and don’ts.
What Is a No Deposit Bonus?
The no deposit bonus is a reward given to online gamers without requiring them to load any bankroll into their betting accounts.
Usually, this offer awarded to players after they have registered with a respective online casino as part of the welcome package or as a special promotion that’s part of the ongoing offers in any given lobby.
You should know that the amount you’ll receive depends on the casino you are signing up with. Some casinos offer small portions ranging from £5 to £25 or a little bit more amount that may sum up to £80 or even much more as well as other goodies such as free spins. Once you claim this amount or the free spins, you can instantly place a wager or two in the casino depending on the value of the offer. Again, to activate this offer, the house doesn’t require you to load any buy-in to your gaming account.
This promotion is a great gift from the parent casino site that allows players to test their luck with the casino first before they can start depositing their cash for betting. If you are wondering how you can take advantage of such an offer, below is a description of what you need to do!
How to Claim the No Deposit Bonus
The no deposit bonuses are very straightforward despite the small variations in amounts in different casinos. For starters, you should first start by creating an account in the casino that offers this kind of promotion. The registration process is an integral part of claiming the bonus because If you don’t follow the procedure properly, you might miss it. Normally, the account creation process involves:
- Click the “Sign up” or “Create account” or “Register” button on the site, and a pop-up registration form will appear where you are supposed to fill in all your personal details as needed.
- In some cases, the house may require you to use a coupon code that secures your reward after you complete signing up. Promo codes are unique alphanumeric characters that are inserted in a particular field in the sign-up form to activate the No deposit bonus
- Some other casinos, require the new player to go an extra step to get the bonus. For instance, you may be required to write an email to the customer services team to ask for the bonus to be loaded to your casino account.
- After completing the above steps as required by the casino, you receive your no deposit reward whether it’s in the form of bonus gaming cash or free spins on specific games.
As you can see, the above process is rather simple, and it will take you a few minutes at most if the no deposit offer on the table is for a new player. For ongoing members, on the other hand, the process is a little different. When such a promotion is brought forth to ongoing gamblers at a casino, the most active players are the ones that may be allowed to opt in for the reward. For instance, the house may offer it to VIP members only or players who have been active in the lobby within the past week for instance. Usually, the fine print will have all requirements that must be met, and that’s our next part of this discussion.
Typical Requirements and Conditions for No Deposit Bonuses
In as much as online gambling is all fun and games, you must take it with the serious it sometimes needs especially when it comes to the process of claiming bonuses. You must always be aware of the terms and conditions involved. Different online casinos play by different T&Cs when it comes to awarding the bonuses; nothing is standard especially since even in the same casino, different bonuses will come with differed conditions.
The NDB is not exempted, and in fact, it is also subjected to these terms. The only way a new player can manoeuvre smoothly through all these casino services is to read and understand those rules applying to that casino he has chosen. Here are some of the areas that are usually covered by the fine-print of no deposit promotions:
- For starters, you should know the games that can be played using the bonus and those that aren’t. Most casinos will set aside specific games that can be used with this offer and usually, not all the games will count equally towards fulfilling the terms.
- The gaming sites usually also state that you won’t be allowed to withdraw your winnings until you meet the rollover/playthrough requirements. For instance, for an NDB of £10 with an x30 wagering/rollover requirement means, you have to spend a total of (£10 x 30) £300 at the lobby.
- Other casinos, place a limit on the number of times you are allowed to bet using the NDB.
- In other situations, the casino may stipulate that to withdraw your reward money won using the no deposit bonus; the player will first have to deposit before withdrawing the winnings.
- The other common condition with the no deposit bonus is its validity period. Some of them are valid for 7 days or 30 days while others up to a 90 Once your bonus is credited to your account, it must be used up before its time span runs out or else it will expire.
So, once you know the rules, all that remains is just about the right strategy and making calculated risks. Again, before claiming any promotional reward, go through the fine print and confirm that you are comfortable with the terms before you claim it.
The Do’s and Don’ts
Well, depending on the betting site, the do and the don’ts could be an extension of the terms of redeeming the offer. So, here are a few things you should bear in mind:
- You must make sure that you come from a country accepted by the casino. Because if you are from one of the restricted countries, you cannot claim the bonus.
- When you are signing up make sure you use your genuine details. Players should not create an account as John from Australia whereas their real name is Michael from the United Kingdom. The casinos never take any chances when it comes to identity and your account will be closed permanently once you are detected.
- In most cases, the house will not allow you to claim two bonuses at the same time. So, make sure you are done and over with any previous offer before signing up for a new one.
- Check whether your payment option of choice is eligible for the offer. E-wallets like PayPal, Skrill and Neteller are often not eligible for such promotions.
Even though the NDB offers have much less reward money, the friendly terms accompanying them make these promotions worthwhile. If you are looking for much bigger prizes, the matched deposit bonus should be sufficient for you as you may receive rewards that go as high as £1,500 in bonus money!
Truly, the no deposit bonus is an exceptional deal for anyone who feels a little shy to spend their real money. If used properly a player can make some substantial gains out of it since there are no greater risks involved. However, you should always remember, to read and understand the associated terms and conditions. If you don’t find yourself resonating with the bonus fine-print, you can always walk away without a scratch! To get some great deals on the no deposit offers, sign up at any of our recommended sites today!