Types of Bonuses
Online casinos offer an assortment of exclusive bonuses which broadly fit into the following categories:
It is the most common type of bonuses and is considered the best strategy for attracting new customers and cultivating loyalty. UK Casinos with superb welcome packages include:
- Slotty Vegas – exclusive welcome package includes seventy-five freebies and a one hundred percent match that goes as high as five hundred euros.
- BetAt casino – who offer an exclusive one hundred percent welcome cash bonus of up to five hundred euros to new players.
- 888Casino – rewards you with a one hundred percent match bonus as high as one hundred euros on your first deposit.
- Ladbrokes Casino – offer a one hundred percent welcome bonus as high as five hundred euros for the initial deposit.
- Grosvenor Casino comes through with a fixed twenty-pound bonus on the first deposit.
- At Royal Panda casino, your first deposit gets matched up by a one hundred percent bonus as high as one hundred pounds.
- Casumo Casino – one hundred percent welcome bonus as high as fifty euros on the first deposit.
- Hippodrome Casino – Gives you a one hundred percent welcome bonus on your first deposit of no less than twenty euros. The maximum bonus is capped at two hundred and fifty euros.
Notably, most welcome packages are awarded after making an initial deposit in accordance with a particular casino’s requirements. Welcome packages also include other types of awards such as freebies and no-deposit bonuses which are discussed in detail below.
It is basically the bonus you get when you make deposits. Almost all casinos give out some form of bonus for first deposits and a few ones even award players who deposit higher amounts. Casinos such as the ones mentioned in section (1) above integrate deposit bonuses with their welcome packages such that cash bonuses or freebies usually accompany first deposits. Nonetheless, there are several casinos which award both new and existing players who deposit significant amounts without undue restrictions. These include:
- Casino Euro – Gives a free three hundred euro bonus for each deposit of one hundred and fifty euros and above.
- Jackpot City Casino – Presents exclusive match bonuses as high as one thousand, six hundred euros for high rollers.
- William Hill Casino – Tops up your account to by twenty pounds when you deposit no less than forty pounds.
- Hippodrome Casino – Awards you with a superb deposit bonus as high as two hundred and fifty pounds on your second deposit and a one hundred percent match on your third deposit bonus to a maximum of five hundred pounds.
All these bonuses come with specified wagering requirements which you will need to check at the gaming website you’re playing at if you’re interested. Some of them have very stringent terms, particularly the bigger bonuses which typically require about fifty times turnover or more before you can cash out. To clear things up, wagering rules only apply to bonuses and earnings attributed to them. In most casinos, you can play with, and withdraw your real money whenever you want.
No-deposit bonuses are typically given for free as players don’t have to spend any of their real money to obtain them. For that reason, they are widely popular albeit not that common. Such bonuses are not as big as the deposit awards and typically average between twenty pounds and fifty pounds.
One of the most notable UK casinos offering this type of bonus is 888 Casino who give out a cool eighty-eight euros to all new players even before they make their first deposits. The bonus is available to all players subject to the underlying wagering requirements.
Some casinos give special download bonuses, with no deposits required, to players who download their gambling platforms in the form of computer software or mobile apps. However, a large number of casinos with no deposit required free welcome bonus have fully web-based platforms which require no download. These web-based casinos are considered to be better in terms of speed, user-friendliness, and convenience as you can play anytime anywhere. That said, below are the pros of No-deposit bonuses.
Benefits of No-deposit Bonus
- For both casual and pro players, no-deposit bonuses are a great way to test out a new casino’s features without worrying about losing real money.
- It also enables you to play your favorite games and slots at random online casinos without providing sensitive financial information and passwords and leaving yourself vulnerable to fraud.
- Give you an easy option of bailing out if you feel that the casino is not as ‘cool’ as you like or doesn’t feature your favorite games. This would not be as easy if you had to make a real money deposit to start playing.
Restrictions on No-Deposit Bonuses
- They are not easy to cash out as they are attached to stringent wagering rules. As the saying goes “there’s no such thing as free lunch in the universe,” more so in the carnivorous world of gambling.
- May be restricted to certain games which may not be your preferred ones. Most casinos give no-deposit bonuses on slots which have lower payouts and higher house edges. Thus, you might be forced to use your real money if you intend to achieve any reasonable returns.
- They not that common due to their risk factor and therefore, you are not likely to find one in your favorite casino. Or your second favorite.
Free spins are commonly given together with the cash bonuses as part of a typical welcome package. UK Casinos offering superb freebies bonuses include:
- Slotty Vegas Casino – The Maltese casino gives a total of seventy-five spins in the bonus package.
- Casino Luck – As part of their welcome bonus, the casino gives players one hundred and fifty freebies to be used within twenty-four hours.
- Casino Casumo – Offers what is arguably the biggest free spins bonus among UK gaming sites;
- Two hundred freebies on top of a possible welcome cash bonus of over one thousand pounds.
There is no doubt that free spins are helpful to both casual and seasoned players and are more or less similar to no deposit bonuses. On that, it is worth noting that freebies, being a type of casino bonus, carries wagering requirements and withdrawal rules just like the cash bonuses. As such, it is essential to first check your casino’s underlying terms and conditions before accepting or requesting for freebies.
To paraphrase a famous saying, not all free spins are made equal. Some are intended for general use while some are for specific games. Casinos may offer exclusive freebies features on particular slots in cooperation with gaming software providers such as Microgaming and NetEnt. Examples of casinos which provide game-specific bonuses include BetAt Casino which offers fifty freebies on the NetEnt Starburst slot and All British Casino which offers a superb one hundred free spins on select games including Aloha, Pyramid Quest, and Starburst.
Game-specific bonus features can also be in the form of cash bonuses. In such cases, casinos give a certain amount which can only be used in a particular game or slot. Such kind of rewards play a significant role in attracting new players and are usually used by new casinos to gain a foothold in the industry. Similarly, major slot developers may also integrate cash bonuses and free spins into their market strategy for newly released slots.
For casinos, bonuses are a proven way to get new customers and also increase profits due to the absurd wagering regulations which many players are usually not able to meet. For the players, bonuses give them a bunch of opportunities to try out new games and practice new strategies without unnecessarily worrying about losing real money. On our part, we think that bonuses are advantageous in many ways and we recommend that you accept them when offered, after reading the wagering terms that is.